Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall

by Lori Lavender Luz on September 1, 2011

in Denver,Wordless Wednesday

Winter trees in DenverSpring 2011 in DenverSummer 2011 in DenverFall 2011 in Denver

..all you have to do is remember to take a picture and where you stood three months earlier.

See also:         2010                  2009

Angel G September 1, 2011 at 7:32 am

Oh! What a great idea!!!
I’m a “fall person” myself. It is my favourite time of year. I like all the seasons, and find something wonderful in all of them – but fall is my favourite!

Mrs. Gamgee September 1, 2011 at 8:08 am

I was actually just thinking about these pics… or rather the ones that you took of the train tracks a while back… and thinking that I wanted to do something like it this year. I always seem to take winter pics of the same views, so I think I need to see those places in the other seasons.

Rhonda September 1, 2011 at 8:31 am

I think this is such a cool idea! Maybe one day I’ll remember to do it.

m. September 1, 2011 at 8:37 am

ooh! great idea! thanks for sharing and thanks for “leaving your mark” on my post, as it were. ;-)

Baby Smiling In Back Seat September 1, 2011 at 9:53 am

Wait, are your leaves already changing?!? Too soon!!!

Lavender Luz September 1, 2011 at 10:35 am

Not yet! (I dread the end of summer; I’m still happy).

The fall pic was taken last fall. I recently finished up the set with the summer pic.

Kathy September 1, 2011 at 11:28 am

What an awesome idea! Do you frame and display them in your home? Also, after I saw the title of your post I immediately thought of the Jame Taylor song “You’ve Got a Friend.”

“Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall… all you’ve got to do is call and I’ll be there. You’ve got a friend.” Was that an intentional reference?

Thank you for sharing and inspiring, as always!

Given any thought to bring Perfect Moment Mondays back anytime soon? No pressure… Just curious. xoxo

Kir September 1, 2011 at 2:18 pm

wow, those are some pretty spectacular pictures of a year in your life.

Kim Dushinski September 1, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Such a great idea!

I always take my daughter’s first day of school picture in the same spot. When she first started school she was taller than the tree she stood in front of. I was just thinking that I should do other pictures like that – same spot, etc. So this is what I must have been thinking of. Love it!

a September 1, 2011 at 8:23 pm

My favorite is the summer!

ziggy September 1, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Very nice! This is a great idea. A couple of these look like they were shot in Kenya…

St. Elsewhere September 2, 2011 at 7:32 am

Absolutely love it! And I remember the previous series too.

Alana-isms September 2, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Love this idea! And your photos are lovely!

Dresden September 4, 2011 at 10:37 am

wow- those are stunning!

Jjiraffe September 5, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Beautiful photos! Love :)

Kristin September 5, 2011 at 10:46 pm

OMG, I absolutely LOVE these pictures. I really need to start doing this myself. What day/date do you take these?

Lavender Luz September 6, 2011 at 11:40 am

The first year I did it on the solstices/equinoxes, but the past 2 years I’ve just chosen a quintessential day for that season.

Or whenever I remembered to do it ;-)