Perfect Moment Monday: Done! (stage one)

May 27, 2012

in Perfect Moment

Thanks to so many of you and my very supportive family, I have finished the first draft my my manuscript (with Crystal’s help)! I have three more months to spit and polish and to build the frontmatter and backmatter sections before I submit it to the publisher.

Then the REAL spitting and polishing begins.

Because I was worried that I’d have nothing to say, it feels so good to have 10 chapters in the can. Feeling pretty perfect at the moment.

Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

====================================

Perfect Moment Monday is about noticing a perfect moment rather than creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between.

On the last Monday of each month we engage in mindfulness about something that is right with our world. Everyone is welcome to join. The next Perfect Moment Monday event will begin  June 25.

To participate in Perfect Moment Monday:

1. Follow Write Mind Open Heart.
  2. Between the Sunday night before and the Sunday night after, write up your own Perfect Moment and post.
  3. Use LinkyTools below to enter your name (or blog name) and the URL of your Perfect Moment.
  4. Visit the Perfect Moments of others and let the writers know you were there with some comment currency.

Once you make a Perfect Moment post , you may place this button on your blog.Perfect Moment MondayWhat Perfect Moment have you recently been aware of? Visit these moments of others and share your comment love.

a May 27, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Awesome! Congratulations on your hard work!

Kristin May 27, 2012 at 11:51 pm

Huge congrats on your accomplishment! You kicked butt, my friend.

Justine May 27, 2012 at 11:58 pm

Congrats to you!! That is such awesome news … what a huge accomplishment! :)

Kathy May 28, 2012 at 6:16 am

Yay! I know how hard you have been working on this and what a labor of love it has been for you. I am so proud of and happy for you. I am so excited to read your book and inspired by how many lives and hearts that I know it will touch, This is most definitely a perfect moment and I am glad we can celebrate with you! xoxo

P.S. I am totally in for PMM, but will likely not get to writing/posting until later tonight, as we have a full day planned (with I imagine many perfect moments to experience)! :)

Emily @ablanket2keep May 28, 2012 at 7:49 am

That is awesome! I can’t wait to read it!

April May 28, 2012 at 8:46 am

Congratulations, that’s great!

JoAnne Bennett May 28, 2012 at 10:01 am

I am impressed ♥

Seriously?! May 28, 2012 at 10:20 am

Congrats Lori!!! I can’t wait to get my hands on it and soak it all in!!!

What an incredible accomplishment!!!

jenny - sugar loco May 28, 2012 at 1:52 pm

YOU DID IT!!!! How insanely awesome! I need to clear a few days when that one is on shelves so I can read the heck out of it!! (did I use enough !!!!’s???)

lostintranslation May 28, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Yay! Congratulations on that milestone! I’m afraid I’ll be skipping this month’s PMM – want to write but keep staring at a blank screen, too beat after a long weekend alone with the kids (baby waking me up three times a night, toddler in the midst of potty training). Should have planned ahead of course… ;-)

loribeth May 28, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Woohoo!! Good for you! : )

Jjiraffe May 28, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Holy cow!! Good for you :) I am so proud and inspired. I can’t wait to go into a bookstore and buy it, making sure to tell the cashier: “My friend wrote this!”

stefanie May 28, 2012 at 10:56 pm

This is wonderful! Congrats and good luck to you! I love the subject idea too!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat May 28, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Hip hip hip hip hip hip HOORAAAAAAAAY!

Mel May 29, 2012 at 5:42 am

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! Congratulations :-)

I hope you celebrated hard this weekend. That is a major accomplishment.

Angela May 29, 2012 at 6:57 am

Congratulations!! How exciting to have completed your book! I’ve actually thought of writing one myself, but I am so bewildered by the entire process. I need to just start typing and worry about the rest later. What an accomplishment!!! Way to go!

Caitlin May 29, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I can’t believe the amount of time in which you wrote an entire book. It is mind boggling. I positively cannot wait to read an entire book of your writing. Congratulations!

Ratna May 29, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Wow— congratulations. I feel so lucky to know all these famous people and you… my dear, infamous :-) Love it! Good luck and do keep us informed.

Esperanza May 30, 2012 at 11:48 pm

I can’t believe I forgot to comment on this. Just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS! Finishing a first draft is such an impressive accomplishment. I can only imagine how hard you worked to get here. I’m so proud of you and can’t wait to read your book! Whoo hoo!

RobinJP May 31, 2012 at 8:19 am

This is great news, Lori!
I’m so proud of you. And I can’t wait to read your story. Good luck with the spit and polish. You may soon feel that now the work really begins.

Rajean June 5, 2012 at 4:40 pm

What a perfect moment to savor. When the book is final, your readers will savor many more perfect moments, Mondays and then some. Congratulations!