Choose a blog entry from your archives that you wrote about mothering. It can be a post where you talked about your own experience as a mother, one in which you wrote about your hopes and dreams for being a mother, a blog entry about mothers who have influenced you and/or however else you may interpret this topic.
Three years ago I tried to express the love and appreciation I have for my mom in the post The Mom Behind the Mom I Am. I love this post for many reasons:
- for the photo of my Mom and me in the Mad Men era (and now that I look again, I see my baby niece in my baby face — do you see it, Tami?)
- for the chance to share some family lore and our strange sense of humor
- for revisiting how my Mom helped me get through the deep grief brought about by infertility
- for the comments left on the post by my sisters and my aunt.
- for the comments left by others to the questions I posed
What’s happened since then? Well, if anything I appreciate my mom even MORE for three reasons:
- because she continues to make Date Nights possible
- because I’m getting closer to seeing what it takes to raise a teenager and I keep reaching new heights of respect and awe
- because she’s here. My husband’s mother no longer is, and several of my close friends have lost their mothers since I wrote that post. (Small comfort, but if you are one who has lost a mom, I offer to abide with you on what’s sure to be a wistful day and I offer this post from 2010.)
Click over to Time Warp Tuesday to read more posts about blogging milestones and maybe even add your own.