Note: there’s a question for you toward the end of this post.
Thanks for all your comments on last week’s announcement of my ambassadorship for The View. I don’t know if the Powers-That-Be are reading, or how representative they might think that readers of this little ol’ blog might be of their viewing universe, but they really should pay attention. We’re a smart bunch.
This week on The View:
- Today’s show features the cast of Jersey Shore (uh, sorry, I fail to see the appeal)
- Wednesday’s show brings Nadya Suleman. Do you have anything you’d like to know about a single mom of 14? Why and how come to mind.
- On Thursday, Bill and Giuliana Rancic discuss their infertility struggles (I’m so in the dark without cable — who are these people??) .
- On Friday, Regis and Joy Philbin sing from their new CD, Just You, Just Me.
My question for you this week – just in case the producers are making the rounds of the ambassadors’ blogs — is:
If you were wishing for topics/guests more, uh, substantive than, say, a talk show about a reality show based on caricature-people, what topics/guests would cause you to put The View on Your Schedule? Gimme three, if you please.
Disclosure: I am a participant in a MomCentral campaign for ABC Daytime and will receive a tote bag or other The View branded items to facilitate my review.
When Melissa, Pamela and I spoke as infertility panelists at BlogHer08, I joked that we were like The View — on Clomid.
Well, two years later I get to be a Brand Ambassador for The View. NOT on Clomid. I mean, I’m not on it, Whoopi and Joy aren’t on it, I bet Sherri and Elizabeth aren’t on it, and you can bet Barbara isn’t on it.
See that new badge I have, down there, on the right? It gives me di.plo.matic im.munity. As an ambassador, I can park wherever I’d like and cannot be arrested for any crime.
Wait. Maybe all ambassadorships are not created equal.
What this ambassadorship will give me is the inside scoop, which I will share with you either here or on my Facebook page or via Twitter.
On tap for the coming days:
- Today’s show features Chandra Wilson of Grey’s Anatomy.
- Wednesday’s show will have Victoria Beckham co-hosting.
- On Thursday, John Lithgow visits from his Broadway show, Mr and Mrs Fitch.
- On Friday, Sherri goes behind the scenes at the Westminster Dog Show.
So. What do YOU think of The View? Do you watch? Which of the ladies share your view, and which, uh, not so much?
Disclosure: I am a participant in a MomCentral campaign for ABC Daytime and will receive a tote bag or other the View branded items to facilitate my review.