I’ve been tagged by Furrow.
Let others know who tagged you.
Tell 8 random facts about yourself.
When you’re tagged, post these rules and 8RF about yourself.
Tag 8 other people.
My 8 Random Facts:
- I have lived 8 time zones to the east of home (Syria) and 8 time zones to the west of home (Japan). Like those 8s.
- I proposed to Roger. At a Bronco game. On the DiamondVision scoreboard.
- I have never had a PBJ sandwich.
- I played the piccolo in high school.
- I would go to great lengths for a really good mojito.
- I was told by a ski instructor my first time out that I had “rubber knees.” The nickname stuck (the comment was overheard by a member of the church group) and it took me two decades to get back on skis.
- When I was a Brownie, I won a baking contest for a recipe called, “Rickety Uncle.”
- I can usually guess the time within about 5 minutes.
So, if you’re reading and you haven’t already blogged 8 Random Facts, consider yourself tagged. Comment here when you post your own.
Marriage: Roger took me to the Broadmoor Hotel for our anniversary earlier this month. It was only for one night, but it was a wonderful night. I got a bath (no kids knocking on the door!), some champagne, and an uninterrupted dinner with a very handsome man.
Sister. I just got back from a 3-day trip to the Western Slope of Colorado to visit my sister, Sheri, and her family. She’s an intuitive and a life coach (I can tell you some amazing stories) and she’ll unveil her own blog soon. Oh yeah? She knew you’d say that.
Blog reading. Melissa at Stirrup Queens is mixing it up again. She assigned me a blog to review, and I’m to find the best post of the past year and write it up. I’m lucky — I got a funny read, and I’ve stayed up late the past several nights because it’s so engaging.
Indulge. KarenO tagged me with the order to indulge. So to comply, I stopped in a health food store on my way home from my sister’s and got a 74% dark chocolate bar and ate the whole thing on my way back to the city. And now that the kids are in bed I’m about to have some raspberry sorbet doused in limoncello and served in a martini glass…yum. Tomorrow my indulgence is a weight loss yoga class to make up for the first two indulgences. That KarenO is a real taskmistress.
Dried up. When I got home to my garden, all the sugar snap peas I planted are dead.
On that note, I’m off to indulge in limoncello sorbet. Ta-ta.
Anyone who blogs is probably a control freak. We write to bring order to chaos. To understand the mystifying. To get people to do something, even just to agree or disagree.
As any of the three people who live with me will attest, I fit nicely into the CF category.
Yesterday evening while driving home, I noticed a stunning sunset over the mountains. The clouds had mercifully rolled in, and created a canvas on which the sun painted various shades of pinks, blues, purples, and all hues in between.
This sunset happened without any impetus from me.
So I started thinking about other amazing processes and events that I don’t have to influence. They pretty much happen when I just go about my business. Here they are in all their random glory:
- My digestion, respiration and other bodily functions happen without a lot of controlling on my part.
- When I go to a store expecting to buy certain things, 99% of the time they are there.
- Neighborhood streets are clean and passable.
- Trees shade my house.
- Water evaporates, becomes precipitation, hits the earth only to evaporate again.
- My husband comes home every night.
- My children keep growing taller and wiser, no matter how I might thwart their efforts.
- Sunrises and sunsets like this happen all over the world every single day!
Truly, I am part of something much grander than I. I can relax. I don’t have to try so hard.
Now if I can just remember that today. All day. Every moment.
Or is that too controlling?
Had that adoption profile out there awhile? Not sure why you’re being passed over? Tired of waiting?
Periodically, I offer a do-it-yourself adoption profile makeover workshop through Colorado Free University, and there’s one coming up soon.
- Date: June 25 (Monday)
- Time: 6:30 – 8:30 pm
- Tuition: $24/single or $39 couple (slightly more for non CFU members)
- Offered again: September 8 (Saturday), 10 am – noon
If you live near Denver, visit Colorado Free University for information or to register.
P.S. Belly on up for your Friday cyber-mojito. With or without fresh lime?