Lori Holden, M.A.
- Author, workshop leader, adoption coach
- Recognized as an expert in the complexities of adoption
- Re-imaginer & reformer of how to “do” adoption better for all
- Host of Adoption: The Long View podcast
- Honored as an Angel in Adoption® by the Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute
- Chief Civilizer at Tessa & Reed, Assoc (retired; they are now functioning adults)
- Yogini & Wonderer
The Open-Hearted Way to Open Adoption: Helping Your Child Grow Up Whole, written with my daughter’s birth mom , was published in hardcover by Rowman & Littlefield and garners rave reviews. Recommended by People magazine in the US and Chatelaine magazine in Canada, it is also available in paperback, audio, and e-book versions.
Rowman & Littlefield, publisher of scholarly books, will also publish my upcoming book, Adoption Unfiltered: Revelations from Adoptees, Birth Parents, Adoptive Parents, and Allies December 1, 2023. This new book is a collaborative effort with esteemed colleagues Sara Easterly, an adoptee, and Kelsey Vander Vliet Ranyard, a birth mom.
Are you a yoga teacher? Explore the Root To Rise Yoga Teaching Method in Standing Room Only | How to Be THAT Yoga Teacher, now available in paperback.
And along with an adoptee and a birth mom, I contribute to a video series, Three Sides to Every Adoption.
What Coaching Clients Say
a/k/a Lavender Luz
Lori Holden is my name, but I selected Lori Lavender Luz as my blog persona many years ago and it has stuck.
- Lavender because I love all shades purple.
- Luz (“looz”) meaning light-bearer.
- I love the letter L. It’s lovely.
Cast of Characters
- Me: Wonderer, wife, mom, writer, adoption expert and educator.
- Roger (husband): Curious, amusing, and amused, Renaissance-ish.
- Tessa (daughter): Spirited, courageous, vivacious 20-something.
- Reed (son): Warrior, sweet, athletic 20-something.
- Dexter (canine): primary giver and recipient of daily cuddles.