Ladies and Leprechauns!
I hereby open the Limerick Chick Contest for 2012.
Valentine’s Day has passed, and that means it’s time for all things green and Irish. And what could be more Irish than wordplay that is eponymous with a county in Ireland?
Kathy of Four of a Kind was the winner in 2011 with:
Rachel Goldman is learning to cook.
Her blog posts are so “off the hook!”
Mix divorce with cuisine
and lots in between,
find out more, read Mel’s Life from Scratch book.
Erica of MotherhoodMeetsMe won in 2010 with:
I’m an Irish gal who drinks whisky
Sometimes I go home and get frisky.
When the good deed is done.
I’m Wishing 4 One.
Or at least eat some spam and some latke.
And Erica also took the trophy in 2009:
I once was scared of the gyno
Now I’ll drop my pants for a rhino
When bad times are worse
There’s blogs like the mrsch
Or instead I can just be a whino
Niobe of Dead Baby Jokes won in 2008.
A blogger whose name is Niobe
Said, “Look, my name sounds like Nairobi
It isn’t ni-OBE
Doesn’t rhyme with microbe
And if you don’t like it, then blow me.”
Kristen of Sticky but Sweet won in 2007.
There once was a group of ladies
Who set out to go and make babies
They became Stirrup Queens
Or so it would seem
Until they all wound up with scabies!
Who will be the winning limericist for 2012?
- Use the limerick form, as in Hickory Dickory Dock.
- Mention at least one other blog or blogger, with a link to his/her blog.
- Only ONE entry per person. Please choose only your very best entry. ONE.
- Enter by 10 pm MST on February 29. Entries will be divided into two flights. Starting March 4, each flight will have 3 days of voting to arrive at the top entry for each flight. Voting for the two flight finalists will begin March 12, and the grand prize winner will be announced on St Patrick’s Day.
- You don’t need to be a blogger to enter. If you have a blog, please use LinkyTools (below) to link to the limerick on your blog. If you do not have a blog, leave your limerick as a comment.
- All readers of this blog are welcome to enter, no matter how you know me or even if you know me, and the subject matter is wide open.
- Post the Contestant Button on your sidebar as well as in your limerick post to encourage others to participate and vote.
There is a prize. The winner will get either a $20 contribution to the nonprofit organization of her/his choice or a $20 gift card at Amazon.com.
Go n’eiri an t-adh leat (luck o’ the Irish to you).
Oh, and would you please Like my new Page on Facebook?