Show & Tell: These are a few of my favorite things

January 25, 2009

in Show & Tell

…all mixed together.

My love for Weird Al and the Brady Bunch are legendary. I also love this tune by the one-hit-wonders, Men Without Hats (remember them?)

Follow-up to my last week’s Show & Tell. Yes, Mr Roads could have been more encouraging of my (very) latent artistic talent. I should have made more clearly this point: I allowed Mr Roads’ message to implant an untruth that grew in my psyche for 30 years until I finally examined its veracity. What a shame that I lost out on years of pleasure because I let someone else’s opinion of me trump my own.

See what the cool kids are showing and telling over at Mel‘s.

=============================================================

Got something to donate to the “Send Melissa West” tour? Want to buy a donated item? Visit this post.

I’ll have mine in June 09.
Want yours, too?
Just click through.

Bonnie April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

I enjoyed this so much.. made me giggle.. My 11 yr old son has discoverd Weird Al and I get such a kick out of seeing him get such a kick out of it!

Delenn April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Wonderful!! I love all those things too! Weird Al is one of our favs on our I-Pod…

Megan April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

I watch way too much TV.

Another Dreamer April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

LOL! Ah, Weird Al. I think that will be stuck in my head now, oh my.

JuliaS April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

“Oh my nose!!!” :0)“Safety Dance” was one of my favorites too! ***sigh*** good times, good times . . .

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

I forgot about Beavis and Butthead until that! I also liked the Brady Bunch. It made me want straight hair so I could brush it like Jan and Marcia.

My name is Andy. April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Great one! Combined all of my favorite things too (I love that song!)

Bonnie April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Delenn April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Megan April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

I watch way too much TV.

Another Dreamer April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

LOL! Ah, Weird Al. I think that will be stuck in my head now, oh my.

JuliaS April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

My name is Andy. April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Great one! Combined all of my favorite things too (I love that song!)

battynurse April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

That’s funny. I liked the Brady Bunch but liked Gilligans Island better. I do remember that song (the original) though and loved it. Every once in a while it will come on the radio and I crank it up while I drive.

The Steadfast Warrior April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Hahaha, good ol’ Weird Al! (My dh loves him, which has really wrecked many good songs for him)And re: the pots… anytime you’re in town, I would gladly meet up with you. Going to have to see who uses handmade mugs around here… ;)

Michelle April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

OMG I so loved the Brady Bunch and still watch it on occasion on TV land.

GINA and KEV April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Too funny! Thanks for the show!

Martha April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Great post, I love Weird Al, “Like A Surgeon”, “Amish Paradise”, Brillant, plus The Brady Bunch, Yippee!!! Thanks for the happy Show and Tell.

Pamela April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

We would plant ourselves each Friday night at 7:59 pm in front of the TV (pre-VCR/Tivo) and not move until the show was over.

Lissa February 26, 2014 at 8:42 am

That hits the target dead cetnre! Great answer!

Phoebe April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

I’m the “Cindy” in my family. I still can’t forget Weird Al’s version of Pat Benatar’s song “Hit me with your best shot!” Can she still kick like she used to?

Cara April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

“I allowed Mr Roads’ message to implant an untruth that grew in my psyche for 30 years until I finally examined its veracity. “Yes – but how sad that no-one was able to counteract his words implantation and re-direct. That is what I’m trying to do as my daughter navigates her first year in public school – and it’s HARD with the teacher she has. But, I figure – if we let it begin now..there is no turning back. Still glad you broke through. They are gorgeous!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

One-hit-wonders? What about Pop Goes The World? I Got The Message?I don’t know if I still qualify as one of the cool kids if I can name multiple Men Without Hats songs. Or maybe that makes me extra-cool?

Kristin April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

I was listening to that song on my mp3player yesterday.

luna April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

this is hilarious. I loved the trip down brady memory lane. here’s the Q: younger or older bradys? I loved the animated one too.

battynurse April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

The Steadfast Warrior April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Michelle April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

OMG I so loved the Brady Bunch and still watch it on occasion on TV land.

GINA and KEV April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Too funny! Thanks for the show!

Martha April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Pamela April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Phoebe April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Cara April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Baby Smiling In Back Seat April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Kristin April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

I was listening to that song on my mp3player yesterday.

luna April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

MrsSpock April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

I’m terrible in that I recognized every pop culture TV reference there. I swear I do read books too.It even included my beloved Start Trek:TNG.

MrsSpock April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am