I hereby open the 3rd Annual Limerick Chick Contest.
Mid-March is time for all things green and Irish. And what could be more Irish than wordplay that is also eponymous with a county in Ireland?
Niobe of Dead Baby Jokes won in 2008.
Said, “Look, my name sounds like Nairobi
It isn’t ni-OBE
Doesn’t rhyme with microbe
And if you don’t like it, then blow me.”
Who set out to go and make babies
They became Stirrup Queens
Or so it would seem
Until they all wound up with scabies!
Who will be the winning limericist for 2009?
What you need to know:
- Use the limerick form, as in Hickory Dickory Dock.
- Mention at least one other blog or blogger, with a link to his/her blog.
- Up to 3 entries per person.
- Enter by 8 pm MDT on March 14. There may be a primary vote on March 15 (depending on the number of entries), with a final vote on March 16. The winner will be announced on St Patrick’s Day.
- You don’t need to be a blogger to enter. If you have a blog, please use Mr Linky (below) to link to the limerick on your blog. If you do NOT have a blog, leave your limerick as a comment.
- You need not be part of the ALI community (Adoption/neonatal Loss/Infertility) to enter. ALL readers of this blog are welcome to enter, and the subject matter is wide open.
- Post the Vote Button on your sidebar as well as in your limerick post to encourage others to enter/vote.
There is a prize. The winner will get a hot-off-the-press Navigating the Land of IF: Understanding Infertility and Exploring Your Options by Melissa Ford (available June 1). Or an equivalent amount to spend on Amazon.com.
Go n’eiri an t-adh leat (luck o’ the Irish to you).