Perfect Moment Monday: Vino Support Group

April 11, 2010

in Perfect Moment

When my children were babies, I made friends with other women who had babies. We four met while teaching at the same school part-time, and we had friendships of convenience. We once even started a babysitting co-op, trading popsicle sticks for childcare hours.

Over the years, these friendships deepened, and we added in my sister, Tami. We supported each other through various life changes, both the triumphs and the challenges. Our children have all made it out of diapers and into school. We’ve been together through many transitions and will be together through many more.

Recently my wonderful friend, Jeannie, had us and all 19 of our family members to her home for one of our periodic potlucks. Great food, kids who like each other, a bottle (or 2) of wine, and friends who are always there for you.

Vino Support Group: Tami, me, Michelle, Jeannie, Rose

Perfect.

~~~~~

Perfect Moment Monday is about noticing a perfect moment rather than creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between.

On the last Monday of each month we engage in mindfulness about something that is right with our world. Everyone is welcome to join.

To participate in Perfect Moment Monday:

• Follow LavenderLuz.com.
  • Write up your own Perfect Moment and post it on your blog (or other site).
  • Use LinkyTools below to enter your name (or blog name), the URL of your Perfect Moment post, and a thumbnail image if desired.
  • Visit the Perfect Moments of others and let the writers know you were there with some comment currency.

With your Perfect Moment post , you may place this button on your blog (in the post, on the sidebar, or both).What Perfect Moment have you recently been aware of?

Melissa @ Full Circle April 11, 2010 at 9:42 pm

SO PERFECT!!

Luv my 4 Rapscallions April 12, 2010 at 6:09 pm

What a Blessing to have true friends. Thanks for introducing me to them!!! She didn’t mention that her sister, Tami & husband cleaned my entire kitchen before they left… THAT is friendship!! Jeannie

Lavender Luz April 12, 2010 at 10:21 pm

What a fun night! Tami’s just like that. But Gino had to find a way to work off his cheese.

Kristin April 11, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Friendships that grow and change with you are truly priceless.

BTW, don’t know if it’s just my monitor but I can barely read that response backed by purple (other than that, I LOVE the new layout).
.-= Kristin´s last blog ..Pride And Prejudice And Zombies Giveaway =-.

Lavender Luz April 11, 2010 at 10:48 pm

I know, Kristin. Even though you can’t read this, Lindsay and I (well, mostly Lindsay) are trying to change that.

Sorry! And thanks for your feedback.

Wishing4One April 12, 2010 at 4:03 am

That is wondeful that you all formed such amazing friendships. BTW I LOVE the new look, awesome!
.-= Wishing4One´s last blog ..11 weeks =-.

Sheri April 12, 2010 at 7:31 am

I love your new “home.”

Vino Support group sounds wonderfully supportive and fun! I have a small group of women who I consider my “Vino Support Group” and most of them have been with me since I was pregnant with the boys. We have gone through a lot together and have become very close over the years.

Cheers — to more Vino Support Groups and great friends!

Jamie April 12, 2010 at 8:06 pm

Good friends and good wine . . . it’s a combination that can’t be beat! I’m looking forward to a wine night with my girls next week and CAN’T WAIT!

Martha at A Sense of Humor is Essential April 12, 2010 at 8:09 pm

Love the new blog digs and especially this gorgeous picture of you and your beautiful friends. Wee bit jealous, okay? I am just going to own that.
I have a backlog of PMMs from life being too dam.n good.
.-= Martha at A Sense of Humor is Essential´s last blog ..Rollercoaster of Life =-.

tubelessinstl April 12, 2010 at 8:57 pm

ok, leave it up to me to screw up my mclinky. Bahahahaha

It is crazy you posted this Vino group at the same time I was wanting to post my picture of my “They Get IT” friends. We all went through a local infertility support group in town and still stay in touch. This was taken at a birthday party of a set of twins of the friend in the middle (in white). She is a 2x survivor of cancer and her twins turn 4 this week. (she just got her “all clear” of cancer diagnosis so we were all so happy to see her feeling well and celebrating with her girls. Life is to be cherished and what better way to do that than with your “vino” type of friends that do get it!
.-= tubelessinstl´s last blog ..Perfect Moment Monday: Friends who "GET IT" =-.

Bonnie April 13, 2010 at 7:24 pm

Nothing better than great friendships. It’s so good that you all stay in contact and get together!

Kir May 12, 2010 at 7:17 am

I love this, I have found as I get older that the friendships I have with my girlfriends have been deeper, stronger, more emotional…and I love that.

it is a PERFECT Moment. Thanks for sharing.

Tami May 22, 2011 at 10:07 pm

I just had a perfect moment remembering that night and thinking of all of my girls. I’m truly blessed to have you as friends!