The Year of the Luz 2012

by Lori Lavender Luz on December 28, 2012

in Uncategorized

Quarter 1: My husband and I survive the world’s worst Date Night.
Quarter 2: The Today Show‘s “experts” get schooled by my kids about open adoption.
Quarter 3: Checkmating my children. WIN!
Quarter 4: almost exactly a year after I announce that I have a book deal, I finally have a cover to show for it.

Murphy's Date Night The Today Show gets schooled! Don't mess with the queen. Take cover. Image Map

And how was your year?

Images: ponsulak. FreeDigitalPhotos | LavenderLuz | Salvatore Vuono, FreeDigitalPhotosRowman & Littlefield

Stephanie December 28, 2012 at 9:13 am

Congratulations on the book cover! It looks great!

luna December 28, 2012 at 9:29 am

quite a year! something tells me that next year will be even more remarkable, being an author and all.

Geochick December 28, 2012 at 11:14 am

An eventful year to be sure!

Kathy December 28, 2012 at 12:02 pm

What a year you have had my friend! I vividly recall each of the quarterly posts you chose to highlight and commented on the one I somehow managed not to the first time around. I agree with Luna, I believe that 2013 is going to be an amazing year for you with your book coming out and all! I am so glad that I got to meet you in person at BlogHer`12 and spend quality time hanging out with you and other mutual blogging friends. Thank you for being a such a great friend, cheerleader and writing/blogging mentor. Cheers to you and the year to come!

a December 28, 2012 at 1:16 pm

I first read the title as Year of the Lulz, which seemed unusual for you…but it fits, regardless!

2012 was quite a year for you, wasn’t it? I can’t wait to see the summary of 2013, by Lori, Published Author!

FosterCareQandA December 28, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Love the book cover! Congrats!

m. December 28, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Gosh that book cover looks nice. What a way to cap off your year. Congrats to you! And yes, thank you for being a friend, cheerleader and mentor. I couldn’t have said it better.

I don’t know about you, but I am pretty jazzed about 2013.

Cristy December 28, 2012 at 9:04 pm

It’s been quite a year for you! Hoping that 2013 is equally fruitful, but with even more joy, peace and laughter.

Mel December 29, 2012 at 8:50 am

Love looking back over a year like this. It was a pretty good year. Nothing extraordinary happened, but that’s the way I like it :-)

Carol (middle-aged-diva) December 29, 2012 at 10:10 am

I loved this compilation of snippets from your year. Made me wince, laugh, be outraged and in general, run the gamut of emotions. Just like great writing should. NIcely presented!

Erica December 29, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Great cover! How exciting. And 2013 will be so awesome for you as well.

Jenny Ford January 7, 2013 at 8:53 am

I’m thrilled for all of your success last year! I had a fantastic year, and was able to take the negatives and turn them into positives. I’m surrounded by amazing family and friends and that’s so important.

caitsmom January 7, 2013 at 10:39 am

: )

Kelly Queijo January 27, 2013 at 7:23 pm

I loved that worst date night post! It’s one for the record books!
Here’s to 2013!