Perfect Moment Monday: REDRUM

December 15, 2008

in Family, Perfect Moment

Perfect Moment Monday is more about noticing a perfect moment than about creating one. Perfect moments are just waiting to be observed, and can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between.

We gather here once a week to engage in mindfulness about something that is right with our world, if only for a, well, a moment. Everyone is welcome to join. Details on how to participate are at the bottom of this post, complete with bloggy bling.

Now, here’s mine.

====================================
We celebrated my birthday weekend. All weekend. (Because my name is similar to L’Oreal and I’m worth it.)

So I had a gazillion perfect moments. I’ll share three:

1. Roger told me to pack an overnight bag and he drove me to an surprise destination. Want a clue?

REDRUM.
Need a visual?

Yup. We went to the Stanley Hotel, and survived the night. No, I didn’t see any ghosts or creepy twins or Scatman Crothers or the old lady in the bathtub.

But the hotel DOES have a channel that loops The Shining ’round the clock. Heeeeere’s Johnny!

2. When we returned, my mom and sister held a dinner for me with all my favorite foods. I sat around the table with my parents, Tami and Gino and their son (my other sister and her family had phoned in their love), Roger and Tessa and Reed.

I almost exploded with happiness, and if the Rapture had come at that moment, it would have been anticlimactic.

3. We took the kids sledding today. Just pure fun.

====================================

Be sure to follow the other stories/links because as we know, perfect moments can be found in giving and receiving comments. So how about you plant some Perfect Moment seeds and know they’ll grow?

Once you make a Perfect Moment post, you are qualified to place this button on your blog.

I Capture
Perfect Moments.

Now. What Perfect Moment have you recently been aware of?

Read about these perfect moments had by these people. Get to know someone new today:

Karen April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Okay, it’s cool to stay at the hotel, but the channel looping The Shining is just creepy! I would have a hard time sleeping, just knowing it was continually playing SOMEWHERE in the hotel. Yikes. Happy Birthday!

Anna April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Beautiful! I spent some perfect moments in Estes Park this summer. My perfect moment is having read this and remembered how I felt there. Thank you.

Karen April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Anna April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

WiseGuy April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

First, Wish you a very happy birthday!Second, Post more photographs…that place looks really lovely!

B April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Happy Birthday! It’s mine too. I knew we were kindred spirits!love Barbs

luna April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

sounds like a perfect weekend all around! may you have many perfect moments to notice next week! you will be missed…

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

It is beyond cool that you stayed at the hotel. Would it be cowardly for me to admit that I don’t know if I would have had the guts to go to sleep?

Denise April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

What a lovely weekend! I’ve never actually stayed at the Stanley, but have been there a couple of times over the years. I’m not sure I would want to watch the Shining at night there. Creepy. They should also show the Simpsons episode (“The Shinning”)-one of my favs!

Michelle April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Wow that is so AWESOME you got to stay in that hotel. I have always wanted to go there. Happy Birthday!

PerfectMomentProject April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

happy birthday. but birthday weekend? birthday’s span the length of at least a week. so keep partying. … and to everyone, we don’t need a Perfect Monday to keep our eyes and hearts open to the joy of the moment. Happy Holidays to all.

loribeth April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Well, happy birthday to you! Not sure “The Shining” hotel would have been my choice (!), but I’m glad you had such a great weekend!

Kristin April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

What a wonderful weekend!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

That is quite a birthday weekend.It’s creepy for them to show The Shining around the clock, but I guess they have to embrace whatever made them famous.There isn’t really a hedge maze, right?

WiseGuy April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

B April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Happy Birthday! It’s mine too. I knew we were kindred spirits!love Barbs

luna April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Denise April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Michelle April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

PerfectMomentProject April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

loribeth April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Kristin April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

What a wonderful weekend!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Marge April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What a wonderful weekend for you. I’m sure I had a few perfect moments but no time to sit down and blog them. Maybe on 12/29. Sigh.

Ms. Planner April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Happy, happy birthday! Way to keep the party going. That is SO like you, sister!Wishing you a year of fun, adventure and love.

MrsSpock April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

I am totally envious of your husband who is able to plan and execute a surprise.Sounds like a fun weekend.

Kidlicious April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Happy Birthday. One of my perfect moments this week was to see that even though I have been very neglectful of my blog, you always come over and find the time to leave a comment for me.Thank you!!!

Wordgirl April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Happy Birthday Lori!Oh, and I’m so jealous — the Stanley hotel is the stage of one of my fondest, most bittersweet college love moments…May your holidays be filled with joy Lori — I’m so glad you have such a wonderful family to surround you — but it’s no surprise — after all look at how wonderful you are — your humor, love, compassion, depth, integrity, with — intelligence — all of it comes from somewhere,Love,Pam

Marge April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Ms. Planner April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

MrsSpock April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Kidlicious April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Wordgirl April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Amber April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

OK, you actually went to the Stanley Hotel? Creeeeepy! We were in Estes Park and rented a vacation home last summer and watched the Shining there. And THAT was enough to freak me out. :-)

Amber April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Kalei April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

I did a perfect moment, but mine was on Saturday, Had to talk about my friend surviving a horrible car accident. Here is the link or click me and check out my post “A Perfect Tragedy”: http://antibloggedy.blogspot.com/

Kalei April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am