Austin, a blogger, a button

October 2, 2010

in Uncategorized

Last  week I endured enjoyed a glorious two-day PowerPoint meeting in Austin. Though I was catatonic sad each afternoon when the meetings ended, I revived consoled myself with a blogger-meeting and some sightseeing.

The high point of the trip (after those endless and FASCinating PowerPoint presentations!) was meeting the blogger behind Dreamsof Quiet. Just as you might expect from reading her blog, QuietDreams is grounded, intuitive, gentle, wise, and beautiful. She shared with me her path to Judaism and the allure of her chosen religion.  I didn’t want the evening to end, but La Famosa needed to go out and my children need to be tucked-in-by-phone.

I also walked around Austin a bit and snapped a few photos.

~~~

Calliope, one of the brilliant ladies behind Plaid House Designs, just created the gorgeous (if I do say so myself) Weebles Wobblog button you see on my sidebar. The code is there, and I would love it, LOVE IT I TELL YOU! if you would put this on your own blog, especially if you happen to be a button collector or a lover of rainbow bubbles.

Wishing you all a fantastic weekend spent with people you love (including yourself).

Sheri October 2, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Thanks for the cool button on my blog. Calliope did a GREAT job!

Sounds like you and Quiet Dreams had a great visit.

Hey…if you are really sad about your meetings being over, maybe you could ask to get print-outs of the Power Point presentation to frame and hang up in your house??? Just an idea!

Lavender Luz October 2, 2010 at 6:21 pm

LOL! Maybe I’ll use the PowerPoint presentation for a future post. To be read only by the insomnolent.

Chris Bird October 2, 2010 at 4:29 pm

Looks like you got to do some fun sight-seeing!

And now you have me concerned about that beautiful snail, who I do hope made it to the other side of the road.

Lavender Luz October 2, 2010 at 6:22 pm

It was in a parking lot, and it was headed for some greenery.

I was concerned about him to. I may or may not have been the one to point it toward the greenery :-).

Kristin October 5, 2010 at 8:15 am

I am so jealous that y’all got to hang out together. I’m glad you had a good time.

Kir October 5, 2010 at 9:53 am

I am so jealous of all the bloggy people you are meeting ….it’s so cool.
Those pictures are awesome (and one of these days I will call and you’ll help me make my own…:)

I am going to put your button on my blog, I don’t have any…so your’s will be the first. xo

Quiet Dreams October 6, 2010 at 10:20 am

I LOVE those photos. And I LOVED LOVED LOVED meeting you. I’ll do my best to make sure it’s not our last meeting. :)