I present to you this vaping video (not a how-to), my debut on the Tobacco Free CO YouTube channel.
Earlier this year I wrote two posts about teens and vaping (this one about my own teens and this one about my high school students), both sponsored by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment.
A few weeks later, CDPHE asked me to take part in a vaping video campaign.
Uh…THAT took me out of my comfort zone. I mean, writing is so solitary and unshowy — comfortable for an introvert. A video shoot was definitely anxiety-inducing for said introvert. But I was interested in a new experience and I wanted to continue my efforts to bust my fears.
It took about 2 hours to get the 2 minute segment.
(Ha, that’s in line with the productivity of my writing process.)
On talking with teens about vaping
- My son: Vaping is everywhere. In fact, it’s hard to stay away from. Includes advice for parents from my daughter, as well.
- My students: Vape companies make teens complicit in their own addiction. Here’s how.
- What Should I Do If I Find Out My Child is Vaping?
- FAQs for Parents and Adults Who Work with Youth
- Tip Sheet: Talking to Youth
- Fact Sheet: Myths vs. Facts
- Fact Sheet: Vaping 101
On talking with teens about marijuana
- Hello Mary, Hello Jane: Talking with your T(w)eens About Pot When It’s Legal in Your State
- Hashing it Out, Part 2: Having the Pot Talk with your Kids
Lori Holden, mom of a teen son and a young adult daughter, writes from Denver. Her book, The Open-Hearted Way to Open Adoption: Helping Your Child Grow Up Whole, is available through your favorite online bookseller and makes a thoughtful anytime gift for the adoptive families in your life. Catch episodes of Adoption: The Long View wherever you get your podcasts.
Lori was honored as an Angel in Adoption® in 2018 by the Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute.