Moniker

November 1, 2010

in Uncategorized

If there’s one thing I realized during this recent exercise in renaming my blog, it’s that the name I’ve been using for five years  fit me to a T. It was surprisingly difficult to find something I like as much as I liked Weebles Wobblog. And the funny thing is, prior to having to change I’d often wished I’d chosen a different name, something not so long and difficult to spell.

Have you ever felt this way about your own name? Does it suit you, or do you feel as though you were misnamed by your parents?

Weebles Wobblog symbolized resilience and movement. Flowing back and forth and always finding center. This is, actually, what I have spent the last decade of my life doing.

Renaming my blog became much more than just renaming my blog. It became setting my direction and identity for the next decade, or maybe even longer. It was like giving birth to a grown up me and getting to label myself, with all the weight and consequence a name carries.

I was truly touched by those of you who took the time to consider and submit ideas, and all the thought that went into them. I ended up with almost 60, but I should say that half of those came from my mom and my sisters, who got tired of my dark brooding during the time I was nameless. I have thanked each of you personally and privately, and I thank you here collectively and publicly <3 <3 <3.

Each submission gave something to the creative swirl that eventually produced the new name. It was suggested that I share some of the runners up.

• Mindfully Lavender
  • Is it Wine O’ Clock Yet?
  • Live Love Lavender
  • Tao of Lavender
  • Mandalas and Mojitos

And the name that describes both who I am and who I want to become?

Write Mind /  Open Heart

As for the first facet, I just finished a writing project and am about to release it to its destiny, whatever that may be. As for the second, I will continue to open my heart to being vulnerable, authentic and engaged with those around me. The yin and yang theme — finding balance between the head and the heart, the analytical and the intuitive, between the masculine (doing) and the feminine (being) energies, of walking the path of moderation between extremes — the yin and yang theme continues for me.

Lindsay and Calliope of Plaid House Designs are helping me make the massive move. Not sure how long it will take, but I’ll let you know when I get all moved in. For now, my posting may be spotty, as I’m packing up boxes and loading up the van. Perfect Moment Mondays will return when I get all settled, so keep noticing them!

Namaste to each of you. I am honored that you read.

Heather November 1, 2010 at 8:41 am

I LOVE IT!

Of course, I adore you too… ;)

xoxoxo

Amber's Crazy Bloggin Canuck November 1, 2010 at 8:43 am

That is, of course, perfect. I know you’d come up with something!

Kristin November 1, 2010 at 9:05 am

I can’t wait to see the new look and I love the new name.

A November 1, 2010 at 9:12 am

Thumbs up! Hope the move goes easily…

Ziggy November 1, 2010 at 9:14 am

I love it!! It’s perfect!!

HereWeGoAJen November 1, 2010 at 10:30 am

I think you picked the perfect name!

Kir November 1, 2010 at 10:40 am

it’s so perfect, I almost started crying…before I realized that this is such a good thing that I can’t cry over it…..
it’s awesome….it’s the PERFECT name for you.

and as for “Kirsten” or “Kir” I think it’s perfect for me. I love my name….feel like I was named exactly as I should have been.

love ya, good luck packing ;)

Cheryl November 1, 2010 at 11:22 am

Love it! And looking forward to the ‘house party’! How do we serve virtual mojitos? I’ll bring the chips and guacamole.

Quiet Dreams November 1, 2010 at 1:16 pm

Fantastic new name, and fantastic runners up! I am particularly partial to Live, Love, Lavender and Mandalas and Mojitos.

I only wish that I had a talent for coming up with witty names.

Good luck with the move. :)

Rachel November 1, 2010 at 5:44 pm

I wish you didn’t have to give this up – but great replacement name you chose indeed.

Sandy November 1, 2010 at 6:20 pm

LOVE your new blog name. I got goosebumps reading it. It fits you and your heart and your talents and your goals so perfectly. I look forward to see your new place! :)

cynthia November 1, 2010 at 6:24 pm

I really and truly love it- nice work!!!

Baby Smiling in Back Seat November 1, 2010 at 9:16 pm

May the new name mark a wonderful new chapter in your bloggy life.

To answer your question, my name is too difficult but also suits me. My middle name is perfect — unusual but not as difficult — but once I realized how difficult my name is, it was too late to change. Unless someone sends me a Cease and Desist.

luna November 1, 2010 at 11:40 pm

love it. and love the explanation of both the old and the new.

never loved my given name. several times I wanted to change my name to my middle name, but no one would call me by that name.

still like my blog name though. chose it specifically because it was general enough to cover life outside of infertility — i.e., I did not want to be defined or restricted by infertility, even though I was learning to identify as an infertile and own it.

congrats again on the new identity!

Suzy November 2, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Oh I love the new name. It’s perfection!

andy November 2, 2010 at 6:32 pm

I love it too!!! I can’t wait to see where your journey takes us next.

Steph November 2, 2010 at 8:27 pm

I love it!

Mel November 2, 2010 at 8:34 pm

You know that I think the name is perfect. And yes, Weebles Wobblog defined you, just as your maiden name defined you. And then you changed it when you got married and now that name fits too. And this one will grow to surround you just as the last one did.

battynurse November 2, 2010 at 10:45 pm

Good luck, I hope it all goes well.

m November 3, 2010 at 6:20 am

A beautiful new name. I cannot wait to see your new site. Happy packing and good luck!

Leigh November 3, 2010 at 9:04 am

Great name and I love the meaning behind it too!

Denver Laura November 3, 2010 at 9:45 am

Love it!!! Fits you like a “T”

There was about 2 years when I was called… (wait for it) “Lori.” Not that I didn’t like my name, I just wanted to be called something different. After 6th grade I went back to my real name. There are some people I know from that time who still call me “Lori.”

Dora November 3, 2010 at 2:59 pm

Love it! Totally suits you.

Autism Mom Rising November 5, 2010 at 7:58 pm

I like the new name. I too have been considering a change. I named my blog Autism Mom Rising because my son kept regressing and I needed rise to the occasion of finding answers and not fall apart. Now he evening out and I find myself drawn to branching out, exploring things that have been on pause for years.

mrs spock November 6, 2010 at 11:30 am

I LIKE it!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential November 9, 2010 at 10:01 am

Love the new name, brillant!! The runners up are dee-Lightfull!! You will always be my Weeble Wobbling with your little Weebles and Robger Wobbling too. <3 to you too!

Sheri November 9, 2010 at 1:17 pm

Love the new name. :) I am happy to have served as one of the midwives to the birth of your new blog name, ushering in a brand new bloggy era.

Sounds like you were done wobbling and can now focus more on “Write Mind Open Heart.”

I can’t wait ’til you are back with Perfect Moment Mondays. I’m keeping it alive on my blog. It keeps me mindful not only on Mondays, but all week. Thank you!