Perfect Moment Monday: Free Fall-in’

November 27, 2011

in Family, Perfect Moment, Vlog

When you get a 70 degree day on a weekend in November, it’s prudent to chuck the To Do list and play hookey from your chores.

Roger and I, on a whim, loaded up the kids and pretended we were tourists in our own city. We stopped at an urban park and let Tessa and Reed loose. It was a joyous and perfect moment for the do-ers and the observers (whose digestive tracts can no longer take such motion).

(Only 40 seconds).

It was free Fall fun. Now I have Tom Petty in my head.

====================================

Perfect Moment Monday is about noticing a perfect moment rather than creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between.

On the 4th Monday of each month we engage in mindfulness about something that is right with our world. Everyone is welcome to join.The next Perfect Moment Monday event will be on December 26.
To participate in Perfect Moment Monday:
  1. Follow Write Mind Open Heart.
  2. Between the Sunday night before and the Sunday night after, write up your own Perfect Moment.
  3. Use LinkyTools below to enter your name (or your site/blog name) and the URL of your Perfect Moment.
  4. Visit the Perfect Moments of others and let the writers know you were there with some comment currency.

Once you make a Perfect Moment post , you may place this button on your blog.Perfect Moment MondayWhat Perfect Moment have you recently been aware of? Visit these moments of others and share your comment love.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat November 27, 2011 at 8:34 pm

I’d go with “Like A Rolling Stone.”

Kathy November 27, 2011 at 8:46 pm

or “Raw Hide!” Rollin’, rollin’, rollin’…

Look like a lot of fun! Though it made me a bit dizzy just to watch them roll! It was also cool to hear a snippet of your voice at the end of the video! You sounded somewhat like I imagined you would!

I have already written my blog entry for Perfect Moments this month, but will not post it and link up until tomorrow, as I am doing NaBloPoMo and already posted for today, so want to *save* my Perfect Moment for Day 28! ;)

Thanks again for sharing about the wonderful time you had with your family being tourists in your own city (I love doing that too)! :)

Mel November 27, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Fantastic — because now that you’ve said that, I have Tom Petty in MY head. Looks like a fantastic day. I need to go rethink the month and find my perfect moment.

Kristin November 27, 2011 at 10:13 pm

That looks like so much fun. I just found a perfect hill like that in our town.

St. Elsewhere November 28, 2011 at 12:27 am

Awesome fun!

I rolled down a heap of sand once (in my school). It is great….

Delenn November 28, 2011 at 4:46 am

I love rolling down hills (although I think I now might get motion sick from it)! What a wonderful moment!

Thriving Despite Us November 28, 2011 at 5:12 am

Love the rollin, rollin, rollin…..too fun! These are the moments on which lifetime memories are made.

jeni November 28, 2011 at 9:32 am

how adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori November 28, 2011 at 11:08 am

How fun!

I didn’t write a post today for Perfect Moment Monday only because I had to get my giveaway up, but I do have a perfect moment to share. Actually it was a truly perfect 7-days of continuous perfect moments as my oldest son came home from CU Boulder for Fall Break. The laughs never stopped, the long talks were special, and the time together as a family was very memorable. Life is good! :)

battynurse November 28, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Sounds/looks like fun.

Judy November 28, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Lori,
I was laughing! Such fun. Such joy!
Judy

Suzy November 28, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Love it!!!!! Isn’t it fun to play tourist in your own town sometimes. Looks like a great way to spend a warm weather day!

Kir November 28, 2011 at 2:30 pm

that is such a fantastic way to spend any ole weekend but esp one where work and school are forgotten for long enough to…ummm…forget! Love that you got so muc joy from you weekend.

Esperanza November 28, 2011 at 3:31 pm

This is so scaaaaary!

I love that! I used to love doing that when I was young. Loved it. My mom did not like pulling burrs out of my clothes and hair for an hour afterward though. ;)

RobinJP November 28, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Love this. I remember many an afternoon of playing outdoors when we’d end up lying in the grass looking up at the clouds. I can smell that grass now, which is a pretty good trick here in Arizona. They are few and far between, but we can find a few grassy hills to roll down.
Cute… and love these free amusement rides.

a November 28, 2011 at 5:38 pm

See, I gotta go with Limp Bizkit on this one…

Looks like a good use of warm weather!

Justine November 28, 2011 at 7:36 pm

Love this. :) And I love the Perfect Moment Mondays that you’ve inspired … I read them all. I should write one, I guess, shouldn’t I. ;)

Happy early birthday, too!!

Lynn November 28, 2011 at 7:50 pm

They look like that had a blast! So glad you got that opportunity =D And I’m glad it was such a Perfect Moment for you!

Rian November 29, 2011 at 1:00 am

Awaiting for the next perfect monday! Wish the time would skip to that day!

Chris Bird November 29, 2011 at 12:37 pm

This was so much fun as a kid! Nothing better than a fresh, grassy hill on a warm summer, er, winter day! :-)

Jenny - Sugar Loco November 30, 2011 at 6:09 am

what a fun and perfect moment!!