8. We both know that repeating things ad nauseum to kids annoys them now but they’ll thank us for these words of wisdom someday.
6. We are both obsessive-compulsive about keeping things new. I have been known to keep the protective film over the screen of a new smart phone for weeks after I begin using it, until it falls off by itself. I can’t bring myself to expose my new treasure to all the dirt and grime that’s just waiting to adhere.
5. We both love my mom and are grateful she is such a patient soul.
4. We are both musical. We play piano. He plays the guitar and tuba and I play the flute. We love to sing, sometimes embarrassingly loudly (well, him. Oh, and me, as I have confessed). Family lore has a story in which during communion one morning at church, Dad was indulging in the line:
♫ when I fall on my knees | with my face to the rising sun ♫
But legend says he confused the two body parts and instead belted out:
♫ when I fall on my face | with my knees to…the….ummmmm… ♫
****walk of shame back to the pew****
My sisters and I have never let this go.
3. We both hate waste. We’ll get every last drop out of that salad dressing bottle, even if it takes forever and tastes as watered-down as we’ve made it.
2. We are both comfortable speaking to large groups about what we are passionate about.
………………..And the #1 reason I am my father’s daughter………….
1. Did you see our expressions?
Back row: Mom, Dad.