Question: We’ve been talking about how to define open adoption. How would you finish this thought?
Open adoption is not…
My answer: Open adoption is not for wimps.
Those of you who have participated in one, how would you define what open adoption is not?
This is the fourth in the five part Open Adoption 101 series.
More Along These Lines
- Returning to the Well
- Our Daughter Meets Her Birth Dad
- The Bastard Conversation
- The Mom Whose Son Left to Live with His Birth Mom
Other Posts in Open Adoption 101 Series
- OA 101: What IS Open Adoption?
- OA 101: Two Key Points for Adoptive Parents Entering into Open Adoption
- OA 101: Open Adoption in 50 Words or Less
- OA 101: The Future of Adoption
- More to come. Subscribe so you don’t miss a post!
Lori Holden, mom of a teen son and a teen daughter, blogs from Denver. Her book, The Open-Hearted Way to Open Adoption: Helping Your Child Grow Up Whole, is available through your favorite online bookseller and makes a thoughtful anytime gift for the adoptive families in your life.