Question: We’ve been talking about how to define open adoption. How would you finish this thought?
Open adoption is not…
My answer: Open adoption is not for wimps.
Those of you who have participated in one, how would you define what open adoption is not?
More Along These Lines
- Returning to the Well
- Our Daughter Meets Her Birth Dad
- The Bastard Conversation
- The Mom Whose Son Left to Live with His Birth Mom
Other Posts in Open Adoption 101 Series
- OA 101: What IS Open Adoption?
- OA 101: Two Key Points for Adoptive Parents Entering into Open Adoption
- OA 101: Open Adoption in 50 Words or Less
- OA 101: The Future of Adoption
- More to come. Subscribe so you don’t miss a post!
Lori Holden, mom of a teen son and a teen daughter, blogs from Denver. Her book, The Open-Hearted Way to Open Adoption: Helping Your Child Grow Up Whole, is available through your favorite online bookseller and makes a thoughtful anytime gift for the adoptive families in your life.