Months in the year. Inches in a foot. Petals in the heart chakra. Tribes of Israel. Olympian Gods. Disciples called by Jesus. Sons of Odin. Knights of the Roundtable. Days of Christmas. Angry Men. Years a Slave. Magnesium on the periodic table. Namesake of the duodenum. Noon and midnight. Steps to recovery.
Happy Birthday to this Blog! Today it’s 12.
Here is a list of my favorite post from each year. Some selections you may find surprising, as they are not the most popular.
Years 1 through 4
- 2007 – 2008: You’re So Vain. I Bet You Think this Post is About You
- 2008 – 2009: The Day I Earned My Mom Badge
- 2009 – 2010: Double Feature
- 2010 – 2011: The Night My House Broke Up With Me
- Honorable Mention: Time to Every Purpose (picture post)
Years 5 through 8
- 2011 – 2012: Big Announcement!
- 2012 – 2013: 50% of X Ends in Y
- 2013 – 2014: Talking with Tweens & Teens about Marijuana
- 2014 – 2015: The Badass Inside
- Honorable Mention: Forgiving the World
Years 9 through 12
- 2015 – 2016: I Want My Kids to Struggle
- 2016 – 2017: I Got Jack-Assed — TWICE
- 2017 – 2018: Commencement
- 2018 – 2019: The White House: Advocating for Adoption Reform
- Honorable Mention: Adoption as a Punchline
These were not easy decisions! It’s like choosing your favorite song. Or food. Or child. I reserve the right to have different favorites tomorrow.
Gratitude for Twelve Years of YOU
Thanks to all of you reading, especially those of you I consider original readers from 2007. I think there are about twelve of you left!
Lori Holden, mom of a teen son and a teen daughter, writes from Denver. Her book, The Open-Hearted Way to Open Adoption: Helping Your Child Grow Up Whole, is available through your favorite online bookseller and makes a thoughtful anytime gift for the adoptive families in your life. Lori was honored as an Angel in Adoption® in 2018 by the Congressional Coalition of Adoption Institute.